Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hi everybody!

Welcome to my vault. For the most part I'll be posting up recordings from my collection here, though I may be given to ranting about other things as suits my fancy. Many of the recordings I'll be posting here are historical (i.e. from the 78 RPM era) so keep that in mind. The sound quality may leave something to be desired, but it's worth putting up with to be able to listen to sterling musicianship that is sadly lacking these days.

Aside from the historical recordings, I'll also be posting up just any music that I enjoy, classical or not. But it'll be mostly classical.

I love music. It's something that brings me continuous joy and I hope that I can share some of that joy with you.

I'll be posting in lossy format. The reason for this is simple. Ripping and uploading in lossless takes a lot of time. Chalk it down to the impatient, immediate satisfaction demanding nature of my generation, but doing the whole lossless thing is a bit too much for me. So lossy uploads it will be.

If there's anything you're looking for in particular, don't be shy--let me know. Also, if you enjoy any of the recordings here, don't be afraid to send me a thanks. Thank you all and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment