Monday, February 1, 2010

Patience!


Hey! So as you may have noticed, it has been awhile since I updated here. A brief explanation. I was able to upload and post voluminously because I had a surplus of free time as I was "between jobs" for nearly a year and a half. Happily this has changed as I have recently ceased being a drag on the American taxpayer. In other words, I'm no longer "unemployed, all non void." Apparently there was this "recession" that the newspapers seemed to make a pretty big deal of as of late. Yeah, I know. Never heard of this either. Long story short, McDonald's made the job of "McNugget fryer" redundant as they outsourced my job to Hyderabad. You would think I would deserve a little more respect being a magna cum laude graduate of Hamburger U and all. So in the meantime I was forced to become a cockney shoe shine boy or some such to earn some quid. Also I had to subsist mainly on ketchup packets and the free samples of fine cheeses courtesy of those good people at Whole Foods. Ah, capitalism! Of course, all those days are over now and I can finally earn enough money to live in a real house with walls and a roof. No more living under the freeway off-ramp for me!

Now while I may be more occupied with work now, don't you think for a minute that your's truly will close this blog or something. Not at all! I have some choice goodies coming up for later this week. I'll probably be able to post only once or twice a week now. I'm off Fridays and, of course, weekends are free as well. So expect posts on those days. I have some gems coming up, just you wait. Hopefully you can be patient. But if not... well, you're going to have to wait anyway. See you Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Well, I am glad:
    a)That you got a good job (I hope);
    b)That the blog will not close...
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job.

    Been there, done that unemployment thing, starting early in 2009, for six months. Glad when it was over (and I don't think the so-called economic recovery or our wonderful President had THING ONE to do with my return to the ranks of the paycheck-earning).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be careful: http://altreport.hipsterrunoff.com/2010/02/google-is-deleting-shitty-mp3-blogs.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Milton

    Thanks for the warning. I'm not too worried. Should I get the ol' heave-ho from Blogger, then it's back to me selling bootlegs out of the trunk of my Nova. :P

    ReplyDelete